Thursday, 27 March 2014

Daffs



This week's How Does Your Garden Grow? had to be about 'daffs'.  The local stately home Groombridge Place has a magnificent display of daffodils at its entrance and along the driveway.  I was visiting my friend Nancy's florist and she told me that I absolutely must go and see the daffodils across the road.  How right she was.

Groombridge is a small village just south of Tunbridge Wells.  We are incredibly lucky to have a bakery, Post Office, florist, a couple of pubs, osteopath, cricket club, a steam railway station, asparagus farm, various farm shops nearby, primary school, pre-school, village hall offering a huge variety of classes and activities for all ages and friendly mini market that is open all hours.

Anyway, enough of Groombridge and more of the daffs: the mass planting makes such an impact, it takes your breath away.




Mammasaurus and How Does Your Garden Grow?

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful photographs you have there :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LUSH! Loving those frilly white ones especially. Makes me want to pack a picnic and head there myself! Great photos - I saw a bank of daffodils yesterday too - it really is quite the breath-taking sight.
    Thank you for sharing the sunshine! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The sunshine is so uplifting and the daffodils seem to laugh in the face of the long, wet winter.

      Delete
  3. Wow just wow. Vivid colors!

    #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh what a beautiful place and pictures. i love daffodils but they are just not a miami flower...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not Miami, but there are times when I'd like to swap places with you.

      Delete
  5. Wow that really is a sea of daffodils - amazing and so beautiful! Just lovely xx #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
  6. daffodils really do have to be planted in drifts like that - lovely x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do ideally, although I have a few lonesome daffs around the garden that seem happy enough.

      Delete
  7. First visit to your blog and your header image is amazing, I live in East Sussex so it is great to see those Oast houses in the distance and of course the deer is stunning against the flowers. Mich x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Michelle. I took the header image on a walk last summer. A huge group of deer went through the linseed field and I caught the very last one.

      Delete
  8. Beautiful daffs and the stately home looks lovely too. The village sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Village life is like all village life - it has its ups and downs, but we are lucky to have all the facilities we do.

      Delete
  9. Groombridge is wonderful - we used to go there when we lived in Kent. Are the musical frogs still playing in the middle of one of the lakes? We saw them and just had to buy some for ourselves! #HDYGG

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure about the musical frogs! I'll be taking my niece and nephew around this summer, so I'll let you know.

      Delete
  10. Oh yes. I quite like the lighter coloured daffodils. Lovely shot!

    ReplyDelete