Friday, 14 March 2014

Drying Out






Spring is right in our faces.  The spring issue of Playground Magazine (the magazine I publish) is done.  Finished.  I’ve been chained to the phone and computer all week, but have managed to escape outside with the dog several times and grab cups of coffee sitting in the sun.  I really need the Vitamin D after the winter.  I’ve noticed how the ground is drying out quickly and the pine cones on the ground are opening up again.  I’m still in my wellies and it’s a way until I can exchange them for sandals, but I’m optimistic.  I live in a valley and we have certainly seen some water this winter and ankle deep mud.

I’ve found some blossom along the footpath.  We’re generally a week or two behind everyone else down here, being in a frost pocket, although there’ve only been a handful of frosts this winter.  I’m going to start working in the garden this weekend and Mr Smith will be having several conflagrations; there are potential bonfires piled high with debris from the winter storms ready to burn.  I may even dig over the vegetable patch.

Welcome back from Tanzania, Annie.  I enjoyed following your, Penny’s and Tanya’s exploits and thanks for the postcard.

I’m joining up a day late to How Does Your Garden Grow?  A belated Happy Birthday to you too!


Mammasaurus and How Does Your Garden Grow?

8 comments:

  1. Your ahead of me, my quince blossom is still at the tiny ball stage and I only have one daffs open so far. Great photos. Hopefully all the rain with help the plants this year. #hdygg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The quince blossom is gorgeous and I wish it would stay like this all year.

      Delete
  2. Ah thank you! I have utter pine cone love, that one's perfect. I haven't seen blossom yet, but I know it's about, I'm rather desperate to find some soon before it all blows away. Beautiful photos- as ever.

    Thanks ever so much for joining in again - I hope that you are enjoying this sunny weekend! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm delighted you share my pine cone love!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, Vanessa and for mentioning my blog on your blog.

      Delete