Thursday, 6 March 2014

Spring in her step


Spring is happening at last.  Mornings are lighter, days are longer, birds are singing more loudly.  It’s a relief to shut the door on January and February. Rhubarb stalks are pushing through the soil furiously fast and it won't be long until the first crumble.  There’s frogspawn in the pond. Moroccan Mint is starting to grow in the herb garden, as are nettles around the edge of the garden.  I can hear the echoey sound of a Woodpecker hammering away and even the dog has a spring in her step.

For this week's How Does Your Garden Grow?

Mammasaurus and How Does Your Garden Grow?

12 comments:

  1. Love your Comma butterfly - I saw 2 Brimstones, 3 Tortoiseshells and a hairy caterpillar when I walked the dogs yesterday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for identifying it for me - something I hadn't got round to. It sounds as if you are in a good part of the world for wildlife.

      Delete
  2. I'm also looking forward to the first garden rhubarb - I relented and bought some last week! Lovely images x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm watching the rhubarb every day. Not long to go.

      Delete
  3. That butterfly is beautiful. Love images, so many wonderful signs of Spring

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a wonderful time of year and we're lucky to have an extended warm, dry and sunny spell.

      Delete
  4. Butterflies already - such good news! Our garden rhubarb really struggled last year but with a good dose of compost and this warmth, rhubarb traybakes will be on the table soon

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mine was hopeless first time. I dug it out and started again.

      Delete
  5. Springs happiness is infectious isn't it? And now the sunshine is out too things are definitely on the up! Gorgeous photos - I love the branches especially.
    Sorry about the delay in commenting, I’m back from my trip now and loving reading through all the posts. And as usual – thanks for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the postcard and all your updates from Tanzania. I have donated!

      Delete